Three things I accomplished today, my second day of medical leave:
- After a successful saving throw vs. constitution at 6:30 in the freaking morning, I got my car into the garage and arranged a rental while they’re working on it (squeaking brakes are a lot easier to ignore than a check-engine light and an engine that idles at 800rpm, no make that 2000, no make that 1000, no make that 500, no make that 1800…)
- Took Jodi to a followup appointment (it went well; that’s all you’re getting unless she feels like telling you)
- Helped Jodi send out some transcript requests (if you’ve enjoyed this game, you’ll enjoy dealing with Hillsborough Community College; meanwhile, Indian River Community College charges absolutely nothing for transcripts and accepts a faxed request for multiple copies on the same piece of paper — and can produce them the same day, for double the price)
Three things that made the day suck less, or maybe even be enjoyable at times:
- The rental car I arranged was, for no extra charge, a convertible, and the weather was perfect for it most of the day.
- I managed to find a drink at Got Tea? that fit within the change from $7 after I bought Jodi’s drink.
- If I can put away all the groceries and scoop the catbox in record time and have a second beer, I might actually get six and a half hours of sleep before I return to the office and start catching up on everything.