Three things that I accomplished today:
- Used smokeping to help convince our vendor that there was a network problem.
- Explained to a totally unrelated vendor that now was not a good time for his call; hung up. Then, two minutes later, explained to the same guy that we were about to bring our entire network hard down for emergency maintenance and I needed to call all of my customers to notify them before it actually happened. (He got the subtle hint that time.)
- Drove to the airport post office to send last-minute applications (and a few bills, some of which were overdue).
Three things that made me happy today:
- Hanging out with Jodi, Jon, and Suzanne after dinner.
- Cheap-ish chocolate in an after-VD sale.
- Getting a free day off for tomorrow (now why don’t I have an emergency fun plan?