Three things that made me happy today:
- Seeing Jodi crack up as I read her bits of I Like You: Hospitality under the Influence by Amy Sedaris. (And cracking up when she said “Oh, is that a comedy book? I thought it was real.”)
- Getting complimented by the big boss (cc: to my boss and his boss) on handling a messy, frustrating problem at work.
- Being able to log into our webmail server with no delays tonight, which makes me think the ISP might have finally solved the aforementioned problem.
Three things I did right today:
- Avoided being rude to the totally unrelated vendor who called to ask me (repeatedly within one phone call) about the settings for a few machines, even though I explained to him (repeatedly ditto) that we were having a major network problem and none of the settings, even if I had them, which I didn’t, would mean anything until I could get off the phone and solve the major network problem. (Not that I ended up being able to do much more than call people and make sure they were still aware that, yes, we have a major network problem.)
- Cleaned out the fridge, taking nasty stuff to the skip immediately.
- Went out to get Jodi some junk food around 11pm, despite the fact I’d already taken off my shoes and socks and had just opened a beer. (That is Valentine’s Day for you.)