What a day…

Around midnight last night, I gave up on bagging all the food before the termite-tenting began. I set my alarm for around 3:15am. Amanda apologized for the noise she made during the few hours that followed, but I never even heard her.

I woke up, got ready for the day, and by 4:30 the three of us left for the airport. Once Jodi got to the security gate, Amanda and I went back home (stopping at Einstein for a quick breakfast) and bagged up all the remaining food that wasn’t already in airtight packaging. Then we grabbed the cats, and while they complained loudly, I dropped Amanda off at Stately Segnboraweth Manor (the home of and , natch) and took the cats to the boarding kennel.

I managed to get to the office a bit early, but soon realized I was pretty tired and didn’t want to stay until five, then get stuck in rush hour traffic on the way to Sanford (on the far side of Orlando, up the under-constructionest bits of I-4). So after a meeting, I called it a day and took a little road trip.

After a fuel-efficient but pokey 55mph journey without air conditioning (I’m still not used to the idea, but it hasn’t killed me yet), I got to my family’s place in Sanford and discovered that the freezer’s icemaker was broken in a way that resulted in an inch-deep puddle behind the fridge, plus seepage involving the padding under the laminate flooring and the carpet in the bedroom behind the wall.

One and a half washing machines full of towels later, the floor was finally dryish and I’d found out how to turn off the icemaker’s water pump. It was about this time that I realized I had left my suitcase in the apartment, which was by then full of poison gas.

So I headed to the thrift store and found khakis, a shirt, and other necessities at a combined price cheaper than one pair of pants from Wal-Mart. I did get one pair of socks on clearance from Wal-Mart for 50 cents. Later I found out that they were size clown, but I’m not hiking in them, only walking while I launder a better pair.

Finally, showered and in clean clothes, I came here to Starbucks for an Internet fix, and to plan out some geocaching for tomorrow. I might also see a movie tonight, but I might just be too tired. Fortunately, it’s still 18 hours before Matt will arrive for some brother time, so I’ll be able to get lots of sleep no matter what I do this evening. (NTN trivia and a beer at Pizzeria Uno’s bar? A haircut? Reading a library book? Truly, the nerdy possibilities are infinite. Countably infinite, probably, but still…)

Despite my fatigue, this has been a pretty good day. Or maybe it hasn’t, but I’ve enjoyed it anyway, ’cause I’m stubborn like that. And hey, new icon from Pump Up the Volume, so how can you go wrong?


1 Comment

Filed under Uncategorized

One response to “What a day…

  1. tealfroglette

    maybe it’s that the sanford place wants PANTS lost. :)

    remember toad’s jeans got lost ( you took him to go get some at some store) because he also frogot the backpack on the bed when we joined you there for the sheryl rifferween in orlando and was very short clothes. good thing for him i have mostly tshirts that boys or girls could wear… :)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s